Teach children about space with these space books.
Many childcare administrators would probably list accounting tasks as the ones they would like to eliminate or simplify on their to-do list. While there are great accounting programs out there to assist businesses with their accounting, your business isn’t just any business.
A childcare center has unique accounting factors, such as part-time, flex time and full-time enrollment. You may also have different fees for children in diapers versus those that are toilet trained. You may want to charge one-time fees for field trips not included in general enrollment costs.
Whatever your case may be, childcare management software with built in accounting tools designed for childcare centers is much more scalable and designed for your long-term growth. Let’s take a look at the following factors that make childcare software a better fit than accounting software.
One application vs. multiple programs
With childcare software, you get multiple business functions all in one. This includes classroom management, direct deposit and communication with parents. You don’t have to constantly switch back and forth between programs.
Imagine having to input attendance tracking into your accounting system. You’d need to constantly go back and forth between the two applications to ensure proper accounting and billing for your clients. In fact, not having integrated systems may make you only accept traditional hours for childcare, meaning you’re missing out on new opportunities and total parent satisfaction.
With integrated systems, you can also see developmental trends from what your teachers are inputting alongside the child’s age and information. This can help you spot any differences in development from where they should be, so you can help parents catch these delays sooner.
Better parent-teacher communication
While an accounting tool can help you with managing your finances, it won’t do anything to improve your parent-teacher communication and relationships. Childcare management software can help keep the lines of communication open with the following tools:
- Photos – with the click of a button, a teacher can share a photo of a child with his or her parents. This can make a parent’s day by seeing what their child is learning and up to at school.
- Journal – a simple journal entry can enlighten parents as to the activities a child participated in and how their behavior was throughout the day. Journal entries show the attentiveness of teachers and thoughtfulness of your staff to keep parents informed.
- Chat – the chat functionality enables you to quickly ask a question. This can be between childcare providers in your facility or with parents to ask a quick question.
- iCare Ding – parents can receive notifications direct to their phone via iCare Ding. It provides mobile push notifications when a child is tagged in a journal entry or photo.
- Calendar – iCare’s calendar function allows you to share events and field trips with parents. From in-service days to wear your pajamas to school, parents can stay up to date on your school’s activities.
A centralized hub for managing your business
By managing your entire childcare center in one program with iCare Software, you can enjoy the added efficiencies of having it all in one place. Go from messaging your teachers to collecting tuition all in one system.
Reporting in iCare Software is strong so you can see where you have room for growth in your childcare and where you have uncollected funds and late payments. This also enables you to create progress reports to share with parents.
One system can simplify so many aspects of your childcare. Learn more about iCare Software.