A few good toys goes a long way. Learn more about why fewer is sometimes better.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Frequently Asked Questions
Can I change from monthly to yearly or yearly to monthly subscription?
Is there a fee for changing my subscription?
Can I cancel my subscription at any time?
Can I change my subscribed capacity at any time?
When children leave or graduate and are deactivated, are they counted towards my subscribed capacity?
Account Setup and Data Entry
How do I set up iCare for our center or school?
What is a regular, operational site?
What is a corporate site?
What are the admin and center email IDs for?
What does the flag ‘Open for Weekends’ do?
What are rooms?
What are programs and classes?
How can I load my family data into iCare?
- From iCare send an email invite to parents to self-register.
- Copy and paste your data into the available Excel template and import the data.
- Add ‘Self-Registration’ button on your website for the parents. (The code for the self-registration button is given in iCare.)
- Manually type the data in.
What is registration?
What is enrollment?
How can I accept electronic funds – credit cards and ACH?
How is the recurring billing automated?
What is iCare Lobby and how do I set it up?
- It works on any device – desktop, tablet or phone.
- You can run it on any number of devices at the same time; for example, you can run it on a tablet in each room.
- If you run buses, then it lets drivers check in and out children right on the bus.
- It is supplemented with the Attendance Grid in iCare where you can make corrections and batch edits.
- Deliver messages.
- Get answers for Lobby Questions; such as, what lunch option would your child like today, or would you like to send your child to the Children’s Museum field trip next Friday.
- Send signal to unlock the entrance door.
- Capture signatures at the time of check-in.
- Check account balance.
My rooms are not age-based, can I still use the rooms in iCare?
Can I have multiple rooms in one age group; for example, Toddler 1 and Toddler 2?
Can I get attendance and scheduling reports by the rooms?
Can I know how much we made (revenue) in each room?
We don’t use individual rooms in our program; can we still use iCare?
Can we have a different set of rooms at each site?
Can I set room capacities?
If a room is full can children be put in a waiting list?
Programs / Classes
What are programs/classes used for?
What is the difference between a program and a class?
Can we have enrollment capacity for each program?
If a program/class is full can children be put in a waiting list?
Can we know how much we made (revenue) in each program?
Can a child be enrolled in multiple programs and classes?
Can we offer different programs/classes at our sites?
Can a child be enrolled in programs at multiple sites?
What happens to billing if a child enrolls or un-enrolls in the middle of a billing cycle?
Can a child be enrolled with a future or past start date?
If a child is enrolled on an ongoing basis, do you simply enroll her with no end date?
Can an enrollment be cancelled or ended?
iCare Lobby (Attendance and Door Security)
How do I set up the Lobby?
Who can log in and check-in through the Lobby?
What is a Lobby Question?
- Slice of pizza $1.50
- PBJ $1.00
- Children’s Museum (April 10) $15.00
- Baseball Game (May 5) $20.00
What is a Lobby Message?
If a teacher checks the children in, can the parent check them out or vice versa?
Can we use iCare Lobby on multiple tablets or other computer devices?
Can a child or staff check-in at any site?
Can we make parents and teachers enter their signature when checking-in through iCare Lobby?
What happens if someone forgets to check-out at the end of the day?
What happens is someone stays longer than their schedule?
Do you offer a door security system?
Can we fix missing or wrong attendance data?
For our after-school program, can the bus drivers check the children in when picking them up from school?
Can a teacher or admin check-in or check-out children in a batch?
What is the main purpose of Journaling?
What are main features of Journaling?
- Categorization by topics
- Smart search
- Batch inserts (for example, enter all the diaper changes of the day with one click)
- Curriculum-based activities
- Grading system
How do you make a Journal entry?
What is Curriculum and how is it connected to Journaling?
- 8:00 am Breakfast
- 8:30 am Circle time
- 9:15 am Gym
What is the Grades feature for?
How do parents read their children’s Journal?
Can parents share the Journal with others in their contact list?
What is the Photos feature?
How are photos taken and shared?
How do the parents see their children’s pictures?
How does the Like feature work?
What if a parent doesn’t want pictures of their child to be shared with other parents?
Can parents download their pictures into their computers?
Who can one chat with?
- Teacher or admin with parents
- Teacher or admin with other teachers
What happens if someone is not logged in when someone else sends a message?
Are previous chat messages accessible?
Are the chat messages of teachers and parents accessible by the admin?
How are the children’s bills posted?
Can parents pay online?
Can an admin or parent set up automatic recurring payments (draws) on credit card and ACH accounts?
How are expiring credit cards handled?
Can an admin void or edit a wrong bill?
We use a separate accounting system (like QuickBooks or Great Plains), how can we take accounting data from iCare to that system?
What are the standard accounting reports?
What are the sort, search, and filtering functions in the reports?
Do iCare reports have drill-down functionality?
What are the ways to customize a report?
- Smart search and filtering
- Hide, unhide and add columns
- Sorting and grouping
- Advanced filtering
- Pivot table designer
- Exporting data
Can we print reports?
What is the Report Center?
In what ways can you export data?
What is the Analytics/Trends feature?
Can we add custom reports or run ad hoc queries?
Record-keeping and License Requirements
What types of standard tracking fields are there?
Can I add custom (user-defined) fields?
Can the data from the custom fields be printed or exported?
The iCare Difference
iCare Software will drive efficiencies offering your team more time with children. Implementing iCare is inexpensive and quick, so the return is immediate.
Sign-up for our newsletter!
- How Technology in Child Care Centers enriches Learning February 22, 2018
- Make your center moneywise February 14, 2018
- A day in the life of a Childcare Administrator January 24, 2018
RT @BeHappyMum Time for bed? These 20 #kidsactivities before #bedtime will help settle them down at the end of the day, enjoy the #qualitytime and parents-child bond ow.ly/U1Ke30ifF0k pic.twitter.com/oykr…
Keep kids active outdoors with this recommendation for exploration! twitter.com/etlawlor…