Childcare Center Dashboard and
Calendar Software Features
Visually See and Interact with your Dashboard and Calendar
The Dashboard is an infographic on your center’s state. It gives a quick picture of what is going on in important areas. The data in the Dashboard can, of course, also be pulled through reports; however, here you can do so quickly.
- Accounting: showing summary of weekly and monthly charges and payments. It’s a quick view of your revenue and whether you are collecting the money on a timely basis.
- Center Capacity: showing at what capacity your center is running. Unless you are relatively full you would be losing money.
- Program/Class Fulfillment: showing number of children enrolled or scheduled in each of your programs/classes. A quick look as open slots that you need to market and promote. By scrolling backward and forward you can compare fulfillment from day to day.
- Checked-in Children: showing children present at the center now.
- Attendance Summary: showing count of children who attended for a selected period. Also shows counts for today.
- Birthdays: showing names of children who have a birthday today and the next 6 days.
(More tiles have been planned and are being continuously added.)
School Calendar/Bulletin Board
The School Calendar/Bulletin Board is very flexible making it possible to use it for many purposes. An admin or teacher can add events in the calendar. Parents can only view them.
An event has the following factors:
- Pertains to one or more programs
- Is shared with parents and/or teachers
Examples of events:
- Field trip
- Open house
- Parent-teacher conference
- Staff meeting
- Staff training/presentation
- Holidays or school half-days and closings
For centers and schools serving 0 to 5-year-old children maintaining the legislated ratios for each room is mandatory. Furthermore, for licensing inspections a document history of the ratios is required.
The iCare Ratio Ticker provides instant, live ratios in each room. It has the following features:
- Auto-refresh as children and staff check-in and out
- Color coded to show the state of each room – normal, over or under
- Shows total count for the entire center
The Ratio Compliance Report provides you the period summaries you need for the licensing inspector. It shows the number of hours attended by children in each room, the nominal staff hours needed based on the legislated ratios and the number of hours staff attended. Thereby, showing whether you adhered to the legislated ratios.
The report is also valuable for fulfillment planning. It shows you if you are over staffed. If so, either you need to adjust staff schedules or market the empty slots.